Last year I took out a subscription to Netflix. I can usually find enough to watch for a month but then not enough to keep the subscription going for any longer. For Christmas 2020 I reactivated the subscription, again probably just for a month.
So far I have watched and can recommend:
- The Fear Of 13 – astonishing documentary about a man on death row
- American Murder: The Family Next Door – fascinating documentary using social media content, text messages and police video footage
- 22 July – brutal but honest dramatization of the massacre of 77 Norwegian teens
- The Crown (series 4) – hilarious fabrication of the life of our royal family. The Duke of Edinburgh is my favourite!
- The Queen’s Gambit (series) – very enjoyable tale about a young, female chess genius
With Netflix you can choose what speed to watch a film at. I’ve found it’s perfectly watchable to view at 1.25 times the normal speed and even at 1.5 times.
Watching at a faster speed means less time spent / wasted / indulged (a 60 minute episode only lasts 40 minutes at 1.5 times normal speed, whilst a 90 minute film only lasts an hour)!
Try it and save time!